Casey D. Jenkins, MD
You are here
Hand and Elbow Center Dr. Casey Jenkins was raised in Michigan. He is a board certified orthopedic surgeon and a fellowship-trained hand and upper extremity surgeon with interests in fracture, joint instability and soft tissue repair. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan and attended medical school at Wayne State University School of Medicine. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland prior to fellowship in hand and microsurgery at Duke University Medical Center.
Dr. Jenkins has completed research on Synovial Chondromatosis, Function after Tendon Transfer in Radial Nerve Palsy, and Correction of Intra-articular Malunion in Distal Radius Fractures. He has presented locally on Median Nerve Avulsions and Phalangeal Fractures and Dislocations and is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH), the Duke Hand Club, and the Southeastern Hand Club (SEHC).
He is married with two children, and he enjoys bicycling, backpacking, rowing and gardening.
Connect with Dr. Jenkins and Wake Orthopaedics
- Undergraduate: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Bachelor of Science, Double Major in Chemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology
- Medical School: Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan, Doctor of Medicine
Post Graduate Training:
- Internship: General Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio
- Fellowship: Hand, Upper Extremity and Microsurgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Hand Surgery, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Honors and Awards:
- 2020 NC Top Doc Award
- Eagle Scout
- University of Michigan Angell Scholar
- Four Year Rower at the University of Michigan Rowing Team
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society