Corey A. Thompson, MD
You are here
Dr. Corey Thompson was born and raised in Rochester, Minnesota. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and a medical degree from the University of Minnesota. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery residency training at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He has also completed a fellowship in orthopedic foot and ankle surgery in Houston, Texas with the Foundation for Orthopedic, Athletic and Reconstructive Research. While in Houston, he served as a team physician for Rice University Athletics and assisted in providing foot and ankle care for the Houston Texans, Astros and Rockets.
Dr. Thompson's surgical interests include all aspects of operative and non-operative foot and ankle care, including trauma and sports-related injuries, ligament and tendon injuries, post-traumatic arthritis, and deformity correction. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society. He has published work in multiple peer-reviewed orthopedic surgery journals. He also serves as a lecturer in instructing UNC-Chapel Hill orthopedic surgery residents. In addition, he takes great pleasure in volunteering his time on charity surgery trips to Nicaragua.
Dr. Thompson is married with two sons and lives in Raleigh. He enjoys spending time outdoors both watching and playing sports, fishing, hiking and traveling.
- Undergraduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, Bachelor of Sciences, Zoology, Magna Cum Laude
- Medical School: University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, MN, Doctor of Medicine
Post Graduate Training:
- Internship/Residency: Orthopaedic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellowship: Foot and ankle surgery, Foundation for Orthopaedic, Athletic & Reconstructive Research, Houston, Texas