Sami Mardam-Bey, MD
You are here
Dr. Sami Mardam-Bey is a Board Certified, fellowship trained pediatric orthopedic surgeon. A New Jersey native, he received his bachelor’s degree from Princeton University, but fell in love with North Carolina (and his wife) while attending medical school at Duke University. He completed his orthopedic surgical residency at Washington University in St. Louis, including training at St. Louis Children’s Hospital and the St. Louis Shriner’s Hospital for Children. He then completed his fellowship at Boston Children’s hospital with a focus on scoliosis, hip preservation, and comprehensive orthopedic care from infancy through young adulthood.
Dr. Mardam-Bey’s greatest interests are in the operative and non-operative treatment of conditions of the spine (scoliosis and spondylolisthesis) and hip (labral tears, hip impingement, hip dysplasia, Perthes disease, and slipped capital femoral epiphysis). He is the only pediatric orthopedic surgeon in the Triangle trained in both hip arthroscopy and open hip preservation techniques (including periacetabular osteotomy and surgical hip dislocation).
Dr. Mardam-Bey was a competitive swimmer from childhood through college. He enjoys taking care of young athletes and understands the challenges of caring for the unique injuries of growing children and adolescents. His free time is spent with his wife, daughter, son and dog exploring all that the Triangle has to offer.
Connect with Dr. Mardam-Bey and Wake Orthopaedics
- Undergraduate: Bachelor of the Arts in Chemistry, Princeton University
- Medical School: Doctor of Medicine, Duke University
Post Graduate Training:
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, Washington University in St. Louis
- Fellowship: Pediatric Orthopedic Surgery, Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School
Honors and Awards:
- 2020 NC Top Doc Award
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America, 2017
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 2011
- Captain, Princeton University Varsity Swimming and Diving Team, 2006