Sarat Ganga, MD
You are here
Dr. Sarat Ganga was born in New York City and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. He attended Washington University in St. Louis, MO, earning his Bachelor of Arts degree in Environmental Studies with a minor in Biology. He earned his medical degree with honors at the University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, NM in 2007. His residency in Orthopedic Surgery was completed at the University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami, FL. He completed fellowship training in Orthopedic Trauma Surgery at the University of Tennessee at Memphis/Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN.
Dr. Ganga joined Wake Orthopaedics in July 2015. Prior to this, he worked at the North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo, MS and with the Baptist Health Medical Group in Miami, FL.
His clinical expertise includes the management of complex traumatic injuries including acetabular (hip socket) and pelvic injuries as well as high energy traumatic injuries for both adult and pediatric patients. He has experience in complex limb lengthening and reconstructive procedures using the ilizarov technique.
He has special interests in international volunteer work and has volunteered in India, Guatemala, and Ecuador. He speaks Spanish and Telugu, a South Indian language.
Dr. Ganga resides in Raleigh with his wife and their dog. In his spare time, he enjoys traveling for volunteer work and adventure travel as well as hiking, camping, biking, rock climbing and anything else that gets him outdoors.
Connect with Wake Orthopaedics
- Undergraduate: Washington University in St. Louis. St. Louis, MO, Bachelor of Arts, Environmental Studies; minor Biology
- Medical School: University of New Mexico School of Medicine. Albuquerque, NM, Doctor of Medicine
Post Graduate Training:
- Residency: University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, FL
- Fellowship: Orthopaedic Trauma, the University of Tennessee at Memphis/ Campbell Clinic, Memphis, TN
Honors and Awards:
- 2020 NC Top Doc Award
- Best Orthopaedic Teaching Resident (Third Year)
- Surgical Intern of the Year
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Alfred Hayes Award– leadership by a student athlete
- National Golden Key Honor Society (undergraduate)
- Men’s Varsity Soccer Letterman, Captain
- Academic All-Conference University Athletic Association